Cultivating, Culminating, and Cutting Ideas
So I finished the script. The third draft, anyway. I've submitted it to a couple of writers that I've met through the Basement Theatre (where I work every Friday, and spend most of my spare time and money), so I'm looking forward to hearing back from them, and finalising the script for the March/April shoot. The only slight issue is that both of my actors are currently in a show at the Basement, which means they are out-of-action for another few weeks. This is actually a good thing, because it gives me a bit more time to organise the technical side of production. The delay also means I have more time to work on a script for a play I'm writing for the Basement theatre. It's a show about a very dysfunctional family, who come together for the first family dinner in years, to meet their mother's new boyfriend. I'm really enjoying working on this play, as it brings to light a topic that isn't really discussed, and hopefully will create a safe space for others to feel comfortable talking about their experiences in similar situations.
My To-Do List:
Elephant Daydreams-
- Source locations for Elephant Daydreams
- Talk to Nick and Laura about bringing them on to shoot the film
- Send script to Tracey Sharp to tear apart for one final draft
- Find extras willing to be involved
- Ambrose
Basement play-
- Talk to Lauren about Amanda
- Pitch the idea to Brown
- Finish full draft of script for play
On another note, I've decided to start a second blog, though this is to be more of a journal, where I will post weekly/fortnightly about the shows I see around Auckland (though primarily through the Basement.) That is, as many as I can. Disclosure: some shows will be left out because either they were truly awful, or because, on average, I see between 3-5 plays every week, and I'm terrible with keeping a regular diary. As much as I wish I were more like Anais Nin, put simply: I'm not. This journal will be handed in, at the end of the year, along with a final summary of the work I've done this year.
I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks; friends are returning from overseas, and shows are wrapping up, which means we can finally all come together and start planning for what these two projects entail.
Until then,
Spinach x
No comments:
Post a Comment